BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Fall Internship 2010

I am interning with PRodigy -- FAMU's student run public relations firm -- as well as assisting Professor Earnest Jones with updates and promotion strategies for the FAMU News Network Website. I will say that initially I expected to be working at an agency similar to the PR firm I interned with this summer -- something independent from the University. However, seeing just how packed my schedule will be this semester convinced me to explore other options, and since then I have been happy with my decision. PRodigy meetings will begin tonight actually, and I plan to ensure I am well rehearsed on the event I am responsible for planning. (I am responsible for organizing a service event for PRodigy Associates to take part in in conjunction with United Way). Once the meetings begin I'm sure the ball will roll faster than ever -- but I must make sure I meet with Professor Kinchlow frequently in order to maintain an efficient time line. The experience with the FNN website is a little new to me, considering I have very remedial skill in Graphic Design. However Professor Jones has ensured me the work will not stray away from anything I am too unused to.

I believe my basic understanding of computer operations as well as previous skill with updating the company website (at BIG Communications) will aid me in my work with Professor Jones. Facebook and Twitter are two tools that I will be teaching him how to use. Strong speaking and organizational skills will assist me in organizing the service event with United Way. I have had previous experience with this non-profit organization before, and I believe that general knowledge of the innerworkings of that company will give me foresight into the proper steps I'll need to plan the event. A strict timeline and calendar listing touch points with the client will be of additional aid. Other skills I plan to use include creativity and intuitive thinking in terms of how to make the service event helpful yet unique from others we have participated in in the past.

0 comments: